[Template content will be inserted here]
Cookies
By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
Advertising

Spa Luhacovice


They are one of the most beautiful spas in the Czech Republic and are the largest in Moravia. They have over 300 years of spa tradition. It is located in the Zlín Region, 16 km southeast of Zlín on the river Šťávnice.



The oldest written mention of Luhačovice comes from 1412. They are surrounded by steep wooded hills. The town lies at an altitude of 250 m. Three kilometers from Luhačovice, a Luhačovická dam or also Pozlovická dam was built in the 1920s. The main task was to keep regular floods. Today it is used for recreation and fishermen. There are many wine bars, confectioners, restaurants, bakeries in Luhačovice. There is also a sports hall, tennis courts, swimming pools, golf (towards the dam of Luhačovice), spa theater and many more. There is also evening entertainment in the form of discos and social dances. A frequent guest was also composer Leoš Janáček.

It treats the airways, digestive tract, diabetes, locomotory system, circulatory system and recondition after oncological treatment. Therapeutic procedures include drinking cure, inhalations, carbonic baths, tiling, massages, hydrotherapy procedures, electrotherapy, special therapies, physical therapy. Renowned are natural healing springs, a pleasant environment, favorable climatic conditions. On the surface there are 15,000 liters of mineral water every hour. These springs are considered to be one of the most effective in Europe.

Luhacovice has 6 natural springs and dozens of drilled springs. The most significant and well-known source is Vincent. Mineral water has a high mineral content and excellent carbon dioxide gas. Mineral sources include sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, manganese, copper, strontium, aluminum, iodine, lithium, barium, fluorine, boron, beryllium, silver, nickel, titanium and zinc. The temperature is between 10 ° C and 14 ° C. Sources are used for inhalation, drinking, bathing. The main natural springs are:

Vincentka - emerges on the spa square at a depth of 50.2 m. Originally called the Main Spring. In the 18th century the spring was walled and roofed and a pavilion shaped like a chapel was built over it. The only one can be filled in bottles and the first filling station was built in 1851. During the construction of the new colonnade a modern hall was built in 1947-1948. It is 30m long, 17m wide and 8m tall. The spring is led to a modified fountain and to a counter where it can be heated. It is designed for drinking, clogging and inhalation. Drinks cold or warm. Its content and balance of mineral salts and elements allows the mucus to dissolve in the airways, stomach and intestines. It helps to regenerate the inner environment of a person after a great loss of sweat (sports, fever, heavy physical labor), regulates metabolism after alcoholic excesses. Vincent can also be bought as a nose spray, lozenges, toothpaste, syrup and concentrate. It has an increased content of boric acid, fluoride and barium.

Aloiska - rises in the park over the White Quarter 30 m higher than the other springs. It belongs to the oldest Luhačovice mineral springs. Originally a wooden well was called Luisinin Spring, Forest Spring or Spring in the Mountain. The name Aloiska was given in 1830 and a pavilion was built in 1863. It is mainly used for drinking and inhalation. It has an increased content of iodine, iron, boric acid and some trace elements.

Ottovka - originally released freely. It is used for drinking treatment. In 1929, a circular pavilion and a small spout fountain (the water flowing there all year) was built near its actual discharge. The name Aloiska was given the source by a member of the Serényi family, Count Otto. It has an increased content of iodine, iron, boric acid and some trace elements.

Source of Dr. Happy - springs near the Spa Theater. Originally it was the Well of Genoa. In 1929 there was an eruption at a depth of 37 m, and the water splashed up to almost 20 m and was named Geyser. Name Source Dr. She was awarded in honor of a native (MUDr. František Šťastný), who would be martyred during World War II because he cared for the wounded guerrillas. It is used for drinking treatment. It has an increased content of boric acid, fluorine, iodine, lithium and barium.

Source of St. Josefa - emerges near the church of St. Families. In 1994, it was intended as a trial well, but due to complications it was completed in 2000. It is suitable for the treatment of digestive tract, airways and carbonated baths.

The New Jubilee - is located between the Social House and the Alpine Rose Villa. It was opened to the public in 2013. It was drafted in 1988. It resembles a crystal of salt that is richly contained in the sources and, according to the legend of the salt pillars hidden in the country, symbolically stands above the ground. At the top of the block is a glass vessel, under which water sprays and brings the movement to the whole. On the sides are printed flowers (bark) resembling the original name of Lučina spring. There are four ornamental taps that can be operated by a photocell when the visitor enters the room.

The other sources are Viola, Amanda (on the surface no longer), Marie, Elektra 1, Bystrica, Nová čítárna, Nová Janovka, Vincentka 2, Spring of Vladimír, Jaroslav, Sirný pramen.

Dusan Jurkovic (1868-1947) was also involved in the architectural form of Luhacovice. He was a Slovak architect (representative of Art Nouveau architecture), furniture designer and ethnographer. He has realized projects of spa houses in Luhačovice. This includes the Jurkovič House, the Spa Building and the Colonnade in Luhačovice.






90